Thursday, January 17, 2013

THE BEGINNING : I learnt to crotchet from my cousin Pat. She learnt from our grandmother who was such a consummate crotcheter. my grandmother was an expert at crotcheting, or so I felt (pt). God rest her soul all these years since her pasting. In her memory I will always crotchet and take pride in it.

My granny made me beautiful crotchet dresses and skirts. She crocheted so well. My granny was quick with the stiches forming and she had the ability to work her craft without looking too much at her workmanship while doing it. I will always remember my granny for the beautiful person she was and for her beautiful crotchet work of art.

I was about, maybe seven or eight years old when I was taught to crotchet. I learnt to knit in my pre teen years, about ten, eleven years old. I learnt to knit with classmates of mine from elementary episcopal school. Some of my classmates and I would utilize our free time constructively by knitting, :) :) :) but, also loved to write the words to songs and sing them. Those songs were mostly love songs :).

Well thats all for now. Welcome to my blog on crotchet.

No comments:

Post a Comment